Sunday, December 23, 2012

packing up..

We are working to accomplish a dream of ours,ok of Peter and I: to give our kids the gift of being bilingual and bicultural. We will have a semester abroad as a family. Peter will be learning a highly specialized surgical technique. Annika, Gia Wiebke, Hansi and Tobias will attend German public school. I will study German and find a massage table so I can work as massage therapist. As we go through the emotional challenges of leaving our friends and community, we are trying to keep an eye on our vision.
Why are you going to Germany and what is your goal?

Hansi: My goal is to learn more german and to speak real good german and to be nicer to my self
friends and family

Tobi: My goal is to know what it feels like in germany and to be myself.

Peter: Work with german surgeons to learn new techniques. Learn to speak german..again, not like an American.

Gia: My goal is to excel in gymnastics and spend time with my family.

Annika: My goal is to come home as soon as possible. However, while I am attending school I will try to make the best of it.

Carla: My goal is to become as fluent as I can in German. I hope to enjoy wonderful adventures with our entire family and friends.



2 comments:

  1. Awesomeness. Wish i could come visit.

    Annika, I'm thinking maybe you might just love it over there. And your "other life" in CO will be there when you get back!

    xo~Gregg

    ReplyDelete