Thursday, January 3, 2013

The German Kitchen and food

I try to learn how to cook in a German kitchen. As I feel more comfortable in the kitchen, the more comfortable I feel in the grocery store. For example, every German kitchen has a bread cutter. Once I made peace with that brutal blade, I realize that is essential to cut the wonderful loaves of bread they sell.

Another thing that every kitchen has is a window that opens up as well open to the side.

German dishwashers really clean! I swear there is an elf in the dishwasher because you can put a totally filthy dish straight into the dishwasher and it comes out sparkling clean. I don't know about you, but I always prerinse my dishes. I love my dishwasher elf but I have yet to see him, as I tell the kids.

One thing you will not find in a German kitchen is a crockpot. Slow cookers are slowly making their way. In the meantime, I have much adjusting bc in the states I depend on a slow cooker. Any suggestions are welcome!

The kids are developing a taste for the popular foods such as currywurst (hot dog w a curry sauce) and tuna fish pizza. However, they are still not thrilled about having to eat their pizza with a knife and fork. The nutella pizza made everything better, though.

Annika and Gia have their own blog:
sisterstogtheralways.blogspot.com










7 comments:

  1. The food looks great. I would not be excited to eat pizza with a fork and knife. Great talking to both of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GH! well at least we didnt have to east nutellapizzawith aknife and fork. we love your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi GH! well at least we didnt have to east nutellapizzawith aknife and fork. we love your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of good daily bread with aslicer let me know how you like that, may have to import one on this end. Miss you. Keep the photos coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I use a dutch oven and the cookbook is, one pot meals.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With our German engineering you can control the rate at which you which you like to shut your soft close doors and drawers, no more moody teenagers slamming cupboards!

    German Kitchen Boston

    ReplyDelete